Monday, March 30, 2009

The bridesmaid dress has been approved

but weird me still wants to be able to see it in the actual color we want in person instead of just in this picture from the Dessy website. Unfortunately, a 1" by 1/2" swatch isn't enough to give me complete confidence in the color. Also unfortunately, is that the bridal shop near me that has a dress in this color isn't interested in me coming in just to look and then buy at another bridal shop. Which I understand a little bit, but mostly don't understand at all. Shouldn't there be some sort of cooperation between retailers? Not every shop can carry every color (especially since Dessy has a ton of colors) and I feel like it shouldn't be an issue to allow me to come see it and not buy. Surely there are times when this shop does not have a color a bride wants. Wouldn't they be happy that the bride was able to see the color at another shop and then come back and order from them? It seems to me that everyone could benefit from cooperation like this.

4 comments:

Trisha March 30, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

CUTE dress! :)

What are the colors? Are you "flip-flopping" the maid of honor, so that her dress is a different color? Is your Sister the MOH, by the way?

Jamie March 30, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

The colors in the photo are the colors of the dress, I'm just not too confident in trusting the photo completely. The tiny swatch I have seen is a bit darker than in the photo, but I don't want it to be darker so that's why I want to see a whole dress in person. I only have one MOH and two BM so all the dresses will be the same. Yes, Kristi will be the MOH.

Liz @ McFargan: A Midwestern Matrimony March 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Seems like a covert operation is needed. "I'm just out looking for ideas for my bridesmaids.... Ooooh, what's this? ;)"

LauraAnn March 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Sounds like you need to just show up one day at that bridal shop and browse through the racks for the dress in the exact color. That is BS if they won't let you look!

Lie and tell them that you are looking for a different BM dress and that you might be interested in ordering the dresses from them! lol

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP