Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm in love


With a ceremony location. In case you haven't gotten the message from my recent posts, I have had a terrible time locating a ceremony church. My home church would be a 35-40 minute drive from our reception location, so I wanted to find something closer. In the past two months, I think I may have talked to 70-80% of the United Methodist Churches within 15 miles of our reception site. All, for one reason or another, have been crossed off the list. I was thisclose to giving up and making guests drive, when I discovered Bothwell Chapel on the campus of McKendree University. It is affordable, adorable, historical, and we can have the pastor from my home church marry us! Also, with all the curtains on the windows open (they aren't in the picture below) the light will be perfect for Clary!

I'm really trying not to get too excited because it can't be booked until a year before, but Stephanie and I are hoping to do whatever we can to beat anyone else to it.The one issue is that there is no center aisle, but we can deal with that for an almost perfect location, right?

Pictures taken by me on this beautiful, warm day. I knew it was going to be good when I switched over to my new Spring purse last night. Thanks American Eagle for providing a little sunshine in my recently gloomy life!

2 comments:

Trisha March 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

I'm SO glad that you finally found something! :)

Liz @ McFargan: A Midwestern Matrimony March 6, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Feels good to cross something off, eh? Yay to the United Methodists! :)

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP