Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Really hard questions

Liz kindly provided me with these questions to help me in writing a post since my head is currently full of useless strategic management and business law crap.

However, these questions are so hard that it took me 3 days to answer them. Please excuse any subpar answers.

1. When did you know you and your FI were headed for marriage?
I honestly think we knew from the very beginning. There was instantly this high comfort level between us. Looking back, I think I may have known from our very first date. Our first kiss was perfect. That awkward first kiss feeling was completely absent and it happened so naturally I couldn't believe it. When it got to be 2 am and I had to usher him out of my residence hall because of the overnight guest policy, I had no idea where the time had gone. I knew then I was in trouble. Later, I have realized that even though I had thought I had been in love before, I had no idea.

2. If you had to eat one food for a whole week, what would it be?
My grandma's mashed potatoes. I just ate a full meal and am still salivating at the thought of them. Supposedly my mom makes them exactly the same, but there is definitely a difference.

I was going to say Italian food so I could have more of a variety, but I'm guessing that is a bit of a shady way to answer.


3. If you were a color, what would you be? Why?
I honestly have no idea. So, I googled it and took a quiz. The quiz said I was blue because "You give your love and friendship unconditionally. You enjoy long, thoughtful conversations rich in philosophy and spirituality. You are very loyal and intuitive." I have no idea if this is the truth, but I had to find a way to answer the question.

4. Do you have a theme song?
So, I totally had to break out the ol' iTunes to think about this one. And I have decided that my life certainly has an ever-changing and varied soundtrack that includes everything from Styx to Edwin McCain, to Kenny Chesney, Chris Botti, the Foo Fighters and even more artists from all parts of the spectrum, but I'm not sure about a theme song. I have decided on Keith Urban's "God's Been Good To Me" because it's true and it's something I try to remind myself every day.

"
Oh the sun is shinin' on down in Tennessee
And right now where I'm right where I wanna be
I've never felt so loved, so peaceful and so free
Hey there ain't no doubt that God's been good to me"


5. What is your perfect job when you get done with school?
This is the only easy one for me. I would love (and believe I would excel at) a position in cost accounting with a major St. Louis manufacturer. For me, the power of accounting does not lie in the debits and credits, but in the large amount of knowledge about operations that can be gleaned from all of the information once it is collected and how it can be used to make improvements. Anything I can do to analyze operations and assist a company in becoming more efficient and profitable interests me. In real life, I will be taking any position that presents itself to me and is in any way related to accounting, finance, or economics.

1 comments:

Liz @ McFargan: A Midwestern Matrimony March 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

You go, girl. You made them work! :) I didn't realize the'd be so hard. Ask me any to get me back if you so desire.

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP