Sunday, May 17, 2009

Halo 3 Processional?

For those of you who know Doug and I in real life, this post's title was probably not surprising to you.

For those of you who don't, I imagine you will need a bit of an explanation. Since 4th of July weekend last year, Doug and I have had an almost every night routine. From about 8:30-9 pm on, I study whatever the subject of the day is (this summer will be CPA exam material) and Doug plays Halo 3 on Xbox Live with my brother in law and another friend of theirs. Every so often my sister (who is also studying while her husband plays Halo with Doug) and I also exchange a series of texts commiserating about how we are Halo 3 widows.

Today I was sent the link to the video of a couple who met playing Halo 2 and had a Halo wedding, complete with an officiant dressed in Master Chief armor. (Doug tells me Master Chief is like the head guy in the game or something.) Apparently they were even featured on MTV. Check out the video here.

Now, obviously I think this type of wedding is only appropriate for a couple who met on Halo and never would I consider a Halo wedding. However, as I was sitting here watching the video of their wedding, I began to think, "Hey, I can understand why they would choose this as a processional because it is really pretty." Clearly my mind has just been warped by thousands of hours of hearing this theme while Doug was between games, right? Is it crazy to actually consider this? Check out the whole song here, although I would suggest skipping to around 0:59 to get to the heart of the song.

I'm fairly confident that this would just be an inside joke for those of us in the bridal party who are involved in this nightly ritual and everyone else wouldn't think much of it, but it's still kind of crazy, right?

2 comments:

Nicole May 19, 2009 at 1:33 AM  

I say DO IT!

LauraAnn May 19, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

I don't think it is crazy! If you two like the song than that is all that matters! Better to have a song that has some meaning than going with a traditional song.

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP