Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy graduation to me


After almost a month of debating whether I should replace my laptop, tonight I ordered a new one. This shiny new toy from Toshiba should be on its way to me tomorrow. Over the course of the last month, I must have talked myself into and out of this purchase a hundred times. While it is true that Abe, the laptop that got me through college, still works, he has begun to show his age over the last year. First it was a broken power cord, which I replaced (for $100!) Then, the spring that holds the screen up broke and Doug had to fashion a custom bracket to hold it in place (it's pretty sweet, you should see it). Now, Abe no longer will function without being plugged in, and while I have been told replacing the battery will fix that, I have decided it is time to move on.

Finally today I forced myself to get over the sentimentality I have for Abe as well as the parting with of almost $900 and ordered a replacement. Of course, Abe will still be a part of the family, as I will occasionally need to use a program only he has and Doug will most likely still use him most days. Hopefully, he will enjoy a peaceful semi-retirement.

1 comments:

Angie May 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

That is hilarious that you named your laptop Abe! ROFL!
Congrats on the new laptop. I love ours!

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP