Friday, July 3, 2009

Montréal anyone?

In case you haven't noticed, my blog title is not in English. "À toi, pour toujours" is French for "Yours forever." I spent almost four years in school (a high school and college combo) studying French and I love to read about French culture.

Unfortunately, a European honeymoon is not in the budget. My dream of walking the streets of Paris and seeing real life versions of the pictures in my French books is on hold. And I'm ok with that, but then where to go?

The other day I was reading an issue of Modern Bride and it made suggestions for destinations that are similar to popular-but-more-pricey locations such as my Paris dream. And that is where Montréal comes in. I'll be the first to admit that Canada isn't exactly in the forefront of most couples' honeymoon discussions, but it just might be the answer.

French-speaking? Yes.

Historical? Yes.

Less expensive? You bet.

And it is closer too, meaning no suffering through an 8 hour flight. (I'm not an air travel fan, to say the least.)

So, anyone been? I've never been to any part of Canada. Would love to hear your thoughts on this alternative and especially any Canada experiences-good or bad!

6 comments:

Angie July 3, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Oooo I'm jealous! I have always wanted to go to Montreal.
I took 3 years of high school French and then I got a Bachelor's in French from UMSL. I love anything French.
Have fun!

Alyssa July 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

well, I'm a 1/4 Canadian... so I can vouch for the country and say that it is an AWESOME place! On top of that, Jeff and I are heading up there in August/September to see some friends :) I'll let you know how it goes.

Mary July 7, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

I've never been to Canada, but several family members have and all of them only had very good things to say. I think Montreal will be awesome!

Nicole July 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

you awesome that you speak a 2nd language! Ive been to Niagara Falls... thats it! haha...I hear Montreal is really nice! I saw go for it!

Trisha July 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

Niagara Falls is the only place in Canada tht I have been also. But, it was gorgeous and like no other place I have seen, so I can bet that Montreal will be just as gorgeous!!! :D

I think you should go for it!

sarah July 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

Montreal is a beautiful city.
Have you ever been to Boston? It is similar to Boston in some ways...lots of culture and history, but it feels so much like Paris. There are some fantastic restaurants, plenty to see, etc. The people are also extremely friendly.

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP