Sunday, August 9, 2009

Registry Stalking Intervention

While responding earlier this evening to a message from my MOH about my bridal shower, I went and checked to see if Doug and I had registered for enough items that would fit a particular "theme" (term used loosely) being considered.

And so I was innocently counting these items when I stumbled upon that dangerous little phrase "Still need: zero" and I about fell out of my chair. Doug and I had registered for two items that we honestly didn't expect to get. To not jinx us, I will just hint that they are 1) a cleaning appliance and 2) a baking tool coveted by almost all the fab brides on the wedding board I frequent.

I can see how this registry checking thing is going to get me into trouble. First, very few people, to my knowledge, know where we are registered. After all, our wedding is still not for another 250+ days. We have not even sent save-the-dates (post about that to come soon) yet and as I mentioned earlier in this post, a shower is just in the most beginning of thought processes! Second, we didn't even entertain the idea of actually receiving either of these items! So, armed with all of this knowledge my mind is too busy wondering about this mystery item and its possible purchasers to study the module on Audit and Attestation Evidence that needs to get in my brain as I prepare for CPA section 2 on August 29th.

I need a registry stalking intervention! Past brides, those currently dealing with this issue, and anyone else with thoughts, please help!

3 comments:

lydia August 10, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

I remember trying to resist the urge to check on my registry. I love surprises, so I didn't really want to check. But, sometimes you just have to do it! Maybe if you do it this early you will forget by the time your wedding roles around!

Liz August 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

I have to be honest and say that I checked my regularly. It's just so easy these days having the internet. I would mostly go on there and add items as needed and I would notice what had and had not been bought. I think it's ok because when you actually have it in your hand it is still a surprise.

Maria August 10, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution, because I checked our registries pretty frequently. You just can't help it!

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP