Sunday, October 4, 2009

A nice reminder

While shopping with my wonderful mom (who now reads my blog- Hi Mom!) yesterday, we of course talked about Doug a lot. But, kind of out of the blue she said, "You know Jamie, you really got a good one." While I obviously know this and thank God every day for the great gift he has given me, it is always nice to get a little reminder/confirmation.

I am also so thankful that my parents love Doug. I think this line from the Edwin McCain song my dad and I will dance to illustrates how they feel: "And I can't help thinking that I'm the lucky one, You're still my baby daughter and now I've gained a son." Coming from a few past relationships where my parents were, let's say, less than thrilled with my choices this is completely refreshing. It's so nice to be able to spend time with both Doug and my parents at the same time and to really enjoy each others' company. Most weeks this is comprised of at least one weekly dinner and sometimes more and I love it.

I have a couple of other posts swirling around in this head of mine but for now they must wait as I fight with my camera to get decent pictures of some of the recently developed "small" wedding details.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP