Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting the boy involved

I have had a daily ritual of reading countless wedding related blogs for the last 2+ years.  I cannot even tell you how many times I have mentioned one thing or another that I saw on said blogs to Doug and asked him whether he could do this project or that project.  I never got a "no" and I usually got a "yes" or a "probably."  So imagine my surprise when I asked Doug to accompany me on a shopping trip to get the supplies for one of these previously discussed projects and he had zero idea what I was talking about!  (To be completely honest, I wasn't really at all surprised and since he re-agreed to help I didn't care.)

And so here is the first of several projects I had planned for my future husband - our DIY card box.

He looks extremely excited that I documented this for the ol' blog, doesn't he?

And so four white frames, a ton of L brackets, a lazy susan, and 8 gorgeous engagement pictures later, we have this.  Our cute rotating, card box!

 
The spinning base has since been painted white, but the card box is being temporarily stored at my parents' house and I didn't get a picture before the transfer.

 Lessons Learned:
1) Give specific directions.  I actually envisioned the frames going in the opposite direction, but I didn't explain it clearly enough and didn't realize what was happening until it was all put together.  I think, though, that this one was a happy accident because I more easily found pictures I liked that were in portrait orientation. 
2) Getting him involved is important to me but the important detail to him is that we are getting married, not the random DIY projects I ask about.  And that's ok, but I'm still going to keep asking his opinion and help on many things between now and May 22!  :)

1 comments:

lydia February 27, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

I LOVE it! That is such a good idea and a good project for the two of you to work on together.

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP