Saturday, March 13, 2010

Speaking of Invitations...

While we are speaking of invitations, I got an adorable one in the mail the other day.  And it was to my shower!!  Sorry I had to add the ugly black boxes to this picture, but my copy of Photoshop was unfortunately on my computer that Doug killed about a month ago.

The text on the top of the mixer reads: "The ingredients for a successful marriage, A whole lot of love, a dash of spice, And lots of answers to 'What's for dinner?'"  The invitation came with three equally adorable matching recipe cards and asked guests to bring them to the shower filled with their favorite recipes. 

This is so great for me because I could definitely use the recipes.  My kitchen répertoire certainly leaves something to be desired.  That is unless, of course, you would like to eat the same six dinners each week.  :)  I am excited to have some new ideas to try.  I am even more excited for (and hopeful that I get) many of the family recipes from both my family and Doug's.  My stomach is growling just thinking of the possibilities: corn casserole from my Aunt Sharon, hash brown casserole from Doug's mom, my Grandma's mashed potatoes, my Aunt Janet's chocolate chip cookies, my Aunt Karen's fruit dip, and my mom's lasagna and meatloaf (which I already make but call her almost every time since I always write down the recipe and then lose it.)  Mmmm.... I'm so hungry now, not good for my need-to-fit-in-a-wedding-dress-soon diet.  In case those aren't enough, I may have also put 10 cookbooks on our registry.  This is not only a reflection of my lack of skill in the kitchen but also that I am a pawn of The Food Network, as 8 of them are authored by chefs from that channel.

Even more than the recipes, though, I am just excited to see everyone.  I am incredibly blessed to have so many great women in my life and I can't wait to spend some time next Sunday with a large group of them!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP