Sunday, April 25, 2010

For all the haters

I could go on and on about all my stories of people telling us "you can't do that" for the wedding or "that's a wrong choice."  I was even told (to my face) "well, that's stupid!" on more than one occasion!  It seems that weddings must be really good at bringing the worst out in some people, or at the very least their unsolicited opinions.  I'll spare you all the gory details for now, but let's just say we've dealt with more than our fair share of wedding haters.  However, when I saw the picture below in one of Darbi's recent wedding blog posts I knew I had to write about it.  


Dear multiple people who told us the guys could wear nothing but dress shoes at the wedding,

You all thought we had just come up with some crazy idea.  Even though I insisted it was a wedding trend and that it could look really cool you judged us and looked at us like we were insane.  When we bought our guys Vans to wear for our wedding, one of you even went so far as to forbid a guy to wear them because that was just "our dumb idea."  It didn't matter that all our guys were overjoyed to not have to wear dress shoes.  It didn't matter that we were really excited about the shoes and that we had carefully gone to multiple stores to get the right size for everyone.  It's our wedding and we are going to do what we want anyway, but here is proof we aren't crazy.  And see how nice they look!

Love, Jamie


Ok, so I've tried really hard not to let the haters get to me, as incredibly hard as that's been.  But I just couldn't resist posting this after I saw this gorgeous picture from Darbi's post.  Now after that brief pause for a little therapeutic moment, we will be back to regular wedding details tomorrow with a look at our to-do list before our wedding in 27(!) days.  :)

6 comments:

Stephanie @ kitschicagoan April 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

That's my sorority sister's (abby's) wedding! Small world :-)

Nicole April 25, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

keep doing your thing!!!

Maria April 26, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

I agree with Nicole! It's your wedding. :)

landlocked bride April 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Don't listen to 'em. And, take a look at the guys in yellow chucks on my blog today. I say do what you want. There are no "wedding rules." Don't let it get to ya!

Alyssa April 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

I can't help but laugh at all the ha-ha-ha-ha-haters out there.... (sorry had that one song stuck in my head...) Just remember that I've got your back girl! Today, tomorrow, and forever! Including your wedding day :)

Lynsey T May 5, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

I'm a huge fan of doing something because you want to and not doing it because of the norms. I can appreciate the personalization of your wedding and also, I can really appreciate your love of Vans! Can't wait to see pics from your gorgeous wedding!

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP