Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday #2

Oh my, we can officially say we are getting married NEXT month!  That is so exciting while simultaneously being terrifying that I can't even begin to explain it.  But that's not what this post is about, it's Thankful Thursday #2!

This Thursday I am thankful for a boy.  A boy that can make me laugh in about 3.5 seconds even when I'm really upset.  A boy who supports me through everything.  A boy who indulges my requests even when he thinks they are silly.  A boy who my parents love and who loves my parents.  A boy whose spontaneity drives me crazy (but makes me smile at the same time).  A boy who will be my husband 50 days from today.

The last few weeks of wedding planning have been increasingly difficult for reasons best left unsaid here, but it has left me all the more thankful for the strong relationship we have that has and will enable us to weather the storms.  It is a comfort to know that even through the challenges we have been facing we are still as committed (and excited!) as we have always been about getting married.
Photo by Clary

And to piggyback on my picture here, this is something we will be including in our ceremony that is very special to us.  I originally was introduced to the idea by Megan, but have since somewhat crafted my own version from various internet sources.

Blessing of the Hands
Jamie and Doug, as an expression that your hearts are joined together in love will you please face each other and hold hands, so you may feel the gift that you are to one another. These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours.
Dear Father, bless the hands that you see before you this day. May they always be held by one another.  Give them the strength to hold on during the storms of stress and the dark of disillusionment. Keep them tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their love. Help these hands to continue building a relationship founded in your grace, rich in caring, and devoted to reaching for your perfection. May Jamie and Doug see their four hands as healer, protector, shelter, and guide.  We ask this in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you now and forever. Amen.

2 comments:

Angie April 2, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

aw congrats! I can't wait to see pix of your wedding day!

landlocked bride April 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

That's a great idea - would be awesome to some how customize to put into our ceremony.

And, I'm sad I won't be with Steph to help on your day - I have a wedding to handle myself that day! Can't believe it's nearly a month away!

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP