Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Guestbook and review #3

Our guest book came in the mail today!

So first I want to say that any package that comes to me and says both "TA-DA!" and "I'm Here" earns major points in my book so kudos to the MyPublisher people.  I love getting mail and packages of all kinds and I don't discriminate.  However, packages with exciting writing on them may make me even more excited if that was even possible. :)

Cover

and a few pages...

and the back cover
Guests will be able to write anywhere there is blank space and I think it will be much more interesting than the traditional book of lines.

Here's my review of MyPublisher:  I am overall pleased with what I got considering what I paid (about $40).  I knew going into this that I wasn't getting a professional album for what I was spending.  This was completely practical for what we will be using it for.  However, if I were going to order again I would change two things.  First, I would order a book jacket instead of the photo finish cover.  You probably can't tell much from these pictures but the items on the cover are a bit flat in color.  Yes it is nice to not have to deal with a book jacket, but I think I would have preferred the glossy book jacket for its appearance.  Second, I would not have used the templates that are built into the MyPublisher program.  Next time I would probably design my pages in Photoshop and then import them into the software for it to get printed.  While I can imagine the software is very nice for those with limited or no knowledge of other programs, I just didn't find it functional for myself and felt quite limited as far as what I could do to make the book look like I wanted it to.  There were just not enough layout and font options as well as very limited places you could use them for those that were in the program.  I also told the software to make my book spine black and that is not what it did.  In summary, did it turn out perfect or exactly how I wanted?  No.  Is it ok for what we will use it for?  Yes.

4 comments:

Jennelle May 5, 2010 at 5:41 AM  

I think it looks great! We did something similar, and had to have someone stationed at the book to encourage people to sign yearbook-style; the first page everyone tried to write in lines like a traditional guest book. Silly old people. :)

Maria May 5, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

It turned out great!!! Isn't it exciting to see that package come in the mail? :)

Mary May 5, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

I also think it looks great! We did something similar with Kodak's program and I was disappointed with the quality. I've never used My Publisher, but I'm a big fan of Blurb.

K May 5, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Looks wonderful J! I could be stationed to encourage yearbook signing style. LOL

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP