Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday #7

I think I have officially had the longest week ever.  Training for your new job while training your replacement is exhausting!  Actually it might be better phrased as training your replacement while working the hardest week of the month in your new job after little to no training.  Either way you say it, while my bank account thanks my employer for the overtime, I'm physically and mentally drained.  If tomorrow wasn't Friday I'm not sure I'd be able to convince myself to get out of bed.

Therefore this Thankful Thursday is inspired both by my stressful week and that which got me through it.  I'm going to leave it at a bible verse and a list of things that helped me through this week.

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (The Message)

Things I'm thankful for this week:
Funfetti cupcakes - give me all the homemade cakes in the world and I'd probably turn them down for this cake from a box
Bomb Pops - brings me back to my childhood and a nice (only 40 calorie) treat when I'm craving something sweet while still trying to stick to my calorie limit
Mail - see my Tuesday post
Bridal Solidarity -Brit's a girl after my own heart
Having a job at all - had a couple friends lose their jobs recently and I'm extremely thankful for mine even if it is difficult right now
Working out - Chalene makes my day better every time
A cuddly kitten
Sisters - both in the traditional sense and my bff in MI who is as good as, and yes I know I used them on my first TT but they've all helped me in some way this week and this is my post so get over it :)
Two (more) pounds lost!
Not having to study - there is no doubt that God knew the right time for me to rotate was during the month break I have from CPA studying, having to come home from working OT and then study would not have been possible

So this week, while I am thankful for the new challenges and learning opportunities that my new job have brought me, I am even more thankful for a God who knows what I need to enable me to get through what he knows I can handle (even when I'm not so sure).

0 comments:

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP