Thursday, July 9, 2009

Doug loves cake...

but I could care less. I mean, I love to look at them and definitely will enjoy having a pretty one at our wedding. I love to watch them being made and could probably watch a combo of Ace of Cakes, Food Network Cake Challenges, and Cake Boss for an entire day. However, I may not have more than the "ceremonial" bite on our day. What can I say? I hate buttercream icing and have barely any more interest in the cake part. Doug and my's typical routine at any cake having functions is for me to eat as much of the cake without eating icing and then he finishes it or I skip the cake altogether. Weird, I know. Therefore, the cake flavors will be one decision that I will probably have little input on. Doug, on the other hand, can't wait for our cake tasting.

I do, though, know what it will look like. For this one, my inspiration comes from Lauren and Mike's gorgeous cake (photo by the Browers.) This cake is so pretty that it almost makes me think that I would actually like to eat some of it. I'm guessing this one feeds quite a few more than we will need to feed, so it will be a scaled down version of this one with pink ribbon instead of green. I bought the perfect pink ribbon a few weeks ago and am at least very excited that we will have a beautiful cake even if I don't eat much of it.

4 comments:

Sarah July 9, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

uhh yeah you're crazy...i knew you didn't like icing but not even the cake?? its gonna be beautiful though...and i agree on the cake shows except i no longer get those channels :(

Trisha July 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

I know a GREAT cake baker!!!!! =D

Actually, you will be able to watch her one "one of those shows" sometime in September!!!!!! I wish I could tell you the outcome, because it is exciting, but I'm not allowed! ;)

Nicole July 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

very pretty!! our cake was so good that the left overs were not an issue...we took care of it :) i love your inspiration cake!!

LC August 8, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

How cool and flattering! I don't know how I am just finding this post! I loved our cake...it was so beautiful and delish! I am glad it was inspirational ;)

About This Blog

Random thoughts as I plan our wedding, study for the CPA exam, and live life.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP